Make a good impression
Welcome to the step by step guide for taking your first impressions, follow along with the video and step by step guide below to make sure you get the perfect sample of your teeth.
Don't be nervous, we all started somewhere and we're here to help you get it just right. If you have any questions or would like assistance with the steps, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Preparation, Fitting & Supplies
- Place the box containing your Putty in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Watch the Video guide and read through the following step by step instructions.
- Clean your teeth thoroughly by brushing and flossing.
- Wash hands Thoroughly before starting (do not use gloves).
- Test fit empty impression trays (Ensure your rear teeth are covered and that your teeth don’t touch the side walls).
- Adjust trays using boiling water if necessary (as per the video guide).
- Prepare your workspace with a mirror to view your mouth.
- Prepare your phone or a stopwatch for timing.
- If the trays are the wrong size even after adjustment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 1 - Mixing Putty and Loading Tray
- Take 1 base putty, 1 Catalyst putty and 1 tray from the kit.
- Start your timer for 80 seconds.
- Mix the base and catalyst by kneading together for 60 seconds (it should be a solid colour, not marbled).
- Take the remaining 20 seconds to roll the mixed putty in to a 10-12cm long Sausage shape.
- Load it into the tray and spread it evenly to the side walls.
- IMMEDIATELY move on to the next step: Taking your Impression.
STEP 2 - Taking Your Impression
- Start a new timer for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Fit the filled tray into your mouth making sure it is centered (The mirror will help with centering).
- Use your fingers to press the tray evenly into your teeth. Make sure your teeth are covered up to your gum line and lightly touch the bottom of the tray (Do not bite down).
- Use your thumbs to press the impression tray into your rear teeth.
- Do not move the tray once you have seated the tray over your teeth.
- Wait until the end of your 3 minutes and 30 seconds timer.
- Remove the tray from your mouth by pulling EVENLY until it releases.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for your remaining impressions. Make sure to inspect each one after to see if there are any defects to improve for the next ones.
Returning Your Impressions & Let Us see Your Smile.
- Please take the following photos and email them to email@example.com along with your MYMOFO ID number
- Images of each of your trays containing the impressions
- Using the mouth spacer provided in your kit capture your bite with teeth open and closed
- Place your impressions in the provided return satchel, do not remove them from their trays as they protect them during transit. No need to return any other packaging! Return only your impressions.
- Remember to use a yellow post box or a post office if you have purchased express post
*If you feel that any of your impressions are not right, please send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the problem and our technicians will perform a visual inspection to determine if you require a new kit.
Please use your MYMOFO id number on the side of the impression kit in the subject of your email, so we can look you up.